Teaching Arabic in schools...

I'm watching the news and I guess a school here in TX recieved a grant so they cand have a class to teach arabic...
so they talked to a couple of people and this guy says
"They don't teach Christianity...they should not teach the Islam"
WHAT?!?!

people amaze me...
your thoughts?

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 1:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some people are idiots. As evidenced by whomever said that asinine statement. Language is not religion. Religion is not language. YIKES!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You can't fix stupid
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Arabic is a language, not a religion! My HS taught German, that doesn't mean they were encouraging Nazi beliefs... People who think language and beliefs are in any way a correlation just need slapped!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• People amaze me, too. There is a lot of misunderstanding due to political propaganda, as well. A language is just a language . . . I think some people don't know that Arabic is just a language.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Are you kidding me?!?!? Idiots.

I just saw someone post on FB that they were angry Chinese New Year was celebrated in school but Easter wasn't - because it was Buddhist. People are ignorant.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Wow...That is embarrassing on his part. Arabic is not a religion it is a language...geez!
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 1:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Well obviously they need someone to pont out Arabic isnt Islam LOL. Other then that well I wish the school the best of luck. I had to learn it in college and it was a very hard language for me to learn.

Answer by gemgem at 1:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• They put him on air to show the how ignorant can someone be, I personally do not understand what is the big deal against learning a foreign language in any country anyone who speak more than 1 language gets more money on their jobs even if they don't ever use it and also in most people has to PAY extra to learn any language, no gov grants.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yay. One more moron to make my state look fucking stupid.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Obviously no one enlightened him with the fact that Christianity is not a language and Arabic is not a religion... maybe he should go back and take some classes too!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011