PCOS --- ruptured cyst ?

I know I probably should go to the ER... but I have to wait until my husband gets home from work anyways , and honestly if I feel like there is a chance I don't have to , then I wont ( it is such a huge hassel - we have to drive an hour to the closest ER, find a babysitter and pay a $100 co-pay that we dont have) .

I know tht I have PCOS .. for the last couple of years it has been worse ( I have only been getting my period once a year) and every month ( around the timeI should get a period) I get severe back pain to where I can barely stand up or move.... I also have alot of pelvic pain , but I deal with it because it usually only last about 7 or 8 days....

But now I have had the severe back pain ( that radiates down my thighs) for 2 weeks now, I also have the bad pelvic pain, and the feeling that my insides are going to fall out... and then this morning I woke up feeling very dizzy / faint ...and very sick to my stomach ( like car sick ) ... and I was wondering if maybe I ahve a ruptured ovarian cyst ?

I have tried to look it up but I find all kinds of different answers...I cant call my Gyno. because I am trying to find another because I dont like him and do not trust him anyways ( he actually told me PCOS is just something that all woman have to complain about)....

So do you think this could be a ruptured cyst and should I go to the ER ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Health

• Ruptured cysts typically cause sharp stabbing pains in one general area. I probably wouldn't go to the emergency room, but if you have a general practitioner or an urgent care clinic, I would do that.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011