U.S. teens killed in Ciudad, Mexico ~ do you need any MORE reason NOT to go there?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/08/mexico-teens-killed_n_820182.html

tasches

Asked by tasches at 1:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• First oiff ciudad means 'cityu' in spanish. They were killed in Juarez.. It is just across the border from El Paso. US authorities have been warning Americans of the serious danger to them in Juarez due to heavy drug gang wars going on. All of Mexico is not unsafe. BORDER towns are where the most risk is. Oh, and by the way, I have a cousin who was raped and left for dead in one of the nicest hotels in Paris 7 years ago...should we ban France too? It is about common sense.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yeah, and I wonder how many are killed in Detroit every day too. Doesn't mean much, every country, every state you go to has an area that's less than great. Secondly like GrnEyed said, people are warned to stay out of border towns like Juarez, just like they're warned to stay out of the ghettos in Detroit, New York, L.A,, etc. I happen to live in Mexico, plus I've traveled all around Mexico, and I personally can tell people that it's not a horrible country as a whole. Even Mexicans are smart enough to not want to go to border towns like Juarez.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I refuse to go there after all i seen but it is not like i am going to travel anyway. I mean look at Egypt to it is bad but we also have areas in our state you don't want to go through after dark.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I have never been and never plan to go so I sure don't need any more reasons.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We were just in Cabo San Lucas, and had a great time. We've also been to Cozumel. I love Mexico - just because there is unrest in Juarez doesn't mean I will boycott the whole country. There are areas of our own country I avoid, it's about traveling smart and using some common sense.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Mexico isn't on my list of places to visit. I went to Cozumel a couple of times in my 20's, it was nice, and the Scuba diving was fun, but beyond that, there are nicer places to visit, and I have no interest in the other parts of Mexico. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2011