Almost 3 years old

So.. my son is very strong and bossy. He really fights till he gets his way, certain things it doesn't fly but there are things where what am i supp. to do let him wine intell he stops.. what if he keeps saying my name.. do i just ignore him in for a few minutes so we don't argue it out???

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 1:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't argue with your kids, it doesn't help anything. Just makes them argue more, and then you realize you're a grown woman arguing with a three year old. Validate what he's saying and then tell him to stop. Ignore if he's just whining.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yes, you can ignore him or you can tell him to stop or he will get in trouble. You have to decide on a punishment and then stick to it. Maybe something like, "Stop whining and begging for things or you won't be able to play video games for the rest of the day." I don't know what will work with your child, but something like that. Remember, if you threaten a punishment you have to go through with it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My son is the same.. VERY strong willed and very stubborn. I / we are very strict but some days that whining takes it toll on us - we can't seem to ignore it cause he is stronger than us lol!~ We put him in time out for whining.. or he does NOT get what he wants and then also gets toys taken
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• When my son gets like that I walk away and ignore him. Its hard but try not to argue with him..it only encourages it..trust me...I have a very argumentative son...been dealing with it for 10 years! LOL Just thes past couple years I've been walking away from him instead of indulging into the argument. Thats not saying he "won" because he still doesnt get his way.
    Take deppe breaths and walk away mama! Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My son who will be 3 in march is very strong willed. He says my name over and over and over. I ignor him after the 2nd time. He apparently doesn't need me. And by talking to him, he thinks it's a game. I am very consistent with him, time outs are an everyday thing with him. I also just let him whine sometimes bc I think he is doing it sometimes for just the attention. Good luck, and stay consistent!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• WHen my daughter will not stop whining she has to go to her room until she quits.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011