Help....teething puppy...

anyone know when they start teething? We now have a 4 mo yellow lab that is starting to explore!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 1:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pets

• Any time now. Start looking to pick up some raw hide chews and teach the kids to pick up their toys and shoes. Good Luck!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Please don't give him rawhides! They will swell up when they get wet and can cause a blockage in his throat or intestines. I would try Nylabones for puppies...some dogs like them, some don't...or some other chew designed for puppies. Mine also like rope toys. I wouldn't give them any toys that closely resemble human things such as old shoes because it will be confusing to them. Like the other poster said, make sure the kids keep their toys picked up.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• he should be teething soon. The one thing that has worked best for me is wetting an old washcloth or small blanket and freeze it. The coldness soothes the gums while the soft material really allows their teeth to sink in. All my puppies have loved it. Greenies are good too. They help to keep their teeth clean while they chew. Rawhide it horrible for dogs but cow hooves and pig ears are good in moderation. (the cow hooves smell though. >.<) Any chew toy that has little nubbins on them are good as well as KONG brand chews.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 3:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My lab started to teeth about that age and is still chew crazy. We went and got toys just for teething puppies. Worked wonders oh and get bitter apple. She didn't like that.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• right about now. I would get a lot of teething toys
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2011