Did you get anything good in snail mail today?

When my grandmother was alive she lived for waiting for the mail carrier to bring her letters. She was alone and that was what she wanted. Well of course visitors too. I try to write someone, anyone just to let them know someone is thinking about them. I have written to former teachers, friends, neighbor's and cousin's i never see. if once a month or week we all did this, we would make some people very happy. It seems with internet people aren't writting much. I tell my kids, I count my friends by how many Christmas cards I get. lol

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 1:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• do not know yet, my oldest checks the mailbox because it comes right before she gets off the bus and she says it makes her feel good to deliver it lol. I wish there was a huge check coming in though lol.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I personally think with MySpace, FaceBook, and so forth people are lacking in that aspect of their lives... those types of relationships are either cold or end up with dynamics that are not too pleasurable to me... JMHO!!!

I prefer face to face relationships, letters sent and given because they have a more personal touch, and phone calls! Those teach us how to interact with others a lot better than the other ways... Not against social networking (Obviously since I am on CM) but it should be all we have in life
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I rely so heavily on email and FB I rarely send personal snail mail anymore with the exception of thank-you notes. It still seems tacky to me to email them.
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 1:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My mailman has not been here yet, but I hope he brings me some 'good stuff' in the mail today! I am waiting on a book order to arrive. I have a great mailman, when he sees that my monthly books have arrived he will make it a point to stop at my house first to drop them off and then go on to start the route. Usually I get bills, junk mail, netflix and my 2 food magazines.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Our mailman hasn't come yet. I'm expecting a package.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• all i got was a bank statement and i dont know if that's bad or good. good because nothing bounced lol bad because i'm broke now.
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No mail yet today. I can guess that there will be a couple of reply cards for my son's bar mitzvah, a gift or 2 for him and maybe something from Netflix.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Got a $5 Thrift Town gift card yesterday (the good news) and my tax packet (the bad news).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• stuff for pull ups and huggies and Bills like always lol
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No mail yet!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2011