What personality traits might indicate you are a political news junkie?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tijana-milosevic/personality-politics-news_b_818531.html

"Latest studies shed some light on this previously neglected question. Researchers have found that Big Five (personality traits) are significant predictors of interest in political information, news gathering and consequently political knowledge. Openness (the extent to which the person needs intellectual stimulation and variety) and emotional stability (low levels of anxiety) are associated with higher levels of engagement in political discourse. And the other three: conscientiousness (dutifulness and adherence to social norms), agreeableness (preference for harmonious exchanges with other people) and extroversion relate to consumption of specific political information."

Or how about just plain contrary?  banging head into wall

tasches

Asked by tasches at 1:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah, how come willful and stubborn didn't make the list?
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• BAHAHAHAHAHA
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• And the HuffPo's point was . . . ?
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My father is one, and talks nonstop about politic sometimes!!! I hate politics, and have mid-conversation asked him if we can talk about something else. I also noticed he is in everyone's business in that house too!!! I think if I were to pick a personality trait about those that are so into politics... "Being in other's business"... and actually getting your panties in a bunch about what others are doing?

I don't get why some people even care about Joe Blow... and even see it here on CM... I think because I don't care and have enough to handle in my own home that might be why I don't have that trait? Why someone would want to study it is a waste of time, anyone with two brain cells to rub together can see it... hahaha

Maybe if people weren't caught up in the drama of the BS the government pulled they might have enough sense to ban together and "Do" soemthing, other than nit pick at petty stuff, or make themselves come
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Neglected question? That thought is why we are broke. What a waste. I wonder if my taxes paid for that stupid research
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2011