What are your thoughts on this Jersey mom's blog piece?

http://www.one2bucklemyshoe.com/2011/02/stressed-is-understatement.html

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think the majority of Americans understand the fact that there is NO MORE MONEY.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yeah, I almost put that in my comment...
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Again, and the NK state employees are still enjoying their "PERKS"....

But I have two kids and have always had to FIND A WAY with NO assistance....she should do the same

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Unfortunately some governments are actually making the hard choice and yeah it HURTS some that count on that income. I wish that the government could afford to pay everyone for child care but they can't. If there are other parents in the same position at the school then they need to get together and try and work with each other on child care. Not ideal but you have to work things out.

I'd love to be able to take a vacation with my income tax but instead it's going toward buying me a new used van because mine is on it's last wheels. I'd love to spend it on some fun things but property taxes are also due and it will go to help pay that. Oh well that's a choice I made when we decided to buy a house and have kids. We knew the vacations and expensive treats just weren't going to be there. Instead we'll go to the State Park and camp for a weekend and only cost about $30.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If there is NO MORE MONEY,,.,,how come we are sending SO MUCH to Israel? Spending so much on the WARS?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

_________________________________
    New Jersey isn't sending money anywhere.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I have a few friends that quit their jobs to save on the cost of daycare. I was lucky, I had my mom to watch mine. I think more families should evaluate whether it's worth it to work outside the home. Health insurance is usually a factor.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

•  

If there is NO MORE MONEY,,.,,how come we are sending SO MUCH to Israel? Spending so much on the WARS?
    _________________________________

sorry that was in reference to this:

I don't think the majority of Americans understand the fact that there is NO MORE MONEY.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Loved your comment loving!

I know NJ is expensive but even a district manager can't make enough to pay their rent? And I loved how she complained about people getting assistance when HER assistance is costing the state $1300 a month. I think Christie is doing a good job, and a hard one in NJ. When you tell people "no, the money isn't there" you don't win many friends.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 2:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• SO MUCH to Israel?
    **
    why did you throw the country of Israel in that question???
    Why not put any of the other countries in that question?? Like Haiti for example.
    Nope, it's gotta be Israel you have a problem with.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2011