I have had it up to hear with this school>:0!vent*

so if you read my posts last week about my six year old getting bullied and she was afraid to go to school,well today is the first day she actually felt comfortable going to school by herself she didn't need anyone to go with her we had a long talk about this,she talked to the school counselor and the school police.. well she didn't go to school Friday because we woke up really late but i brought her to school to turn in her homework and to get her weekend homework

ok so fast forward to today there going on a field trip we were told about this field trip when they came back from christmas break i paid the money for her to go,she had already picked her buddy who she was going to sit next to on the bus,so i drop her off this morning and right before they leave to go on there field trip she calls me from the nurse office and ask can i pick her up,i ask her "why whats wrong she says she don't feel well witch i know wasn't true because she has been so excited about this trip,so i say"You don't wanna go on the field trip? and she says mommy i cant go,and i say:why not and she says the teacher says because of her behavior she couldn't go
so now im lost because the teacher has never told me that my child was having behavior problems so i called the teacher and this is what happened:

me:i spoke with Kaylonnie and i was never notified about her having behavior problems in class

Teacher:well its not her behavior in class its because of the incident that happened with the other student last week

me:wait so my child cant go on a field trip because she was getting bullied?

teacher:well no ma"m kaylonnie hit the student also

me:yea umm you would kick some one to if they pushed you from the top stair of the bus into the mud right?

teacher:ma"m that may be true but when this was happening she should have came to an adult immediate instead of taking matter in to her own hands

me:so let get this straight "while my daughter is on the ground getting bunched and kicked,by a girl and her friend she is just suppose to lay there until there done,&then go tell someone?

Teacher:yes because when she kicked the student she provoked the fight

me:ok how about this im just gonna come pick my child up because this is bullShit

teacher:ma"m please don't be upset we will have other field trips that she will be able to go on its just school policy that when one student gets in to a altercation with another student if they both touch each other there both banned from the up coming field trip,activity or suspended because then it wasn't an act of bullying it was a fight that they both contributed.

me:ok so were can i pick up my $30.00 that i paid for the trip

teacher:well its no refunds

>:o!vent over!

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 2:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Holy Crap! I would change schools. Seriously, this school sounds like a breeding ground for inept teachers.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If they want to ban her from the trip and not refund your money I would contact the superiendent with the entire situation and get your money and a new teacher all in one whack. Really, it's stuff like this that make us choose to homeschool. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• change school...I am so sorry for your little girl:( Is she in 1st grade?
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• @SleepingBeautee trust me im way ahead of you on that i have been looking for new schools close to my job,close to my oms house,close to my sisters house,or close to my husbands job because there grades are so good they can get bussed to school far away but i dont want to do that just because of situations like this

@scout_mom thats exaclty what im going to do it took every bone in my body to not curse this woman out
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• @hill2 yes im looking into that and yes shes in first grade
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• wow i would of taken that teachers head off!! oh boy and just wait till my hubby found out someone did that to his lil girl!! we would of been in the principles office asap, and switching schools as well, prolly even think about homeschooling since im a sahm! im so sorry for ur dd thats not fair and i would of encouraged my dd to defend herself! good luck i hope things get better!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• @Caroline2010 ohh yess my husband is heated,ready to curse the whole school out
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I had that happen - glad my kids are out of school. Just grin and bear it and find a better schooling alternative.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011