Ive give up

my friend is one of those ppl who trys to keep up with the jone's. I told her about a yr ago i wanted to try for baby # 2 but i had to wait for hubby to get on the same page. well hubby finally said yes lets start trying. when i mentioned it in passing that i wanted another i swear she started talking about wanting another herself.. okay no big deal. but when i mentioned we are gonna start trying she told me we are too. And now that she is pregnant i swear she rubs it in my face. Always telling me oh i have my dr's appt or "ugh this morning sickness" or little things like sending me a pic of her ultrasound. Im ready to tell her where to put it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• This is one of the reasons that I long ago stopped sharing my thoughts with my so-called friends. Just tell them about it after the fact or let them read it in the newspaper.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• some people do the keeping up with the Jones'
    but getting pregnant because someone else is trying???
    hard to believe
    maybe just timing, and not her copying everything you do
    unless you both are in high school - lol
    which i assume you are not
    Anonymous

• maybe she is just trying to share her joy with her friend & if she is one of "those type of people trying to keep up with the Jone's" why would you befriend her i mean if your sharing these type of thoughts with her you must be close. Anywho somethings are better left unsaid everythings not meant to be shared with "friends"

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 2:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• thats why i dont share my really personal feelings to my 'friends" because in this whole world theres no real friends, no one can see u whising this or that, or having this or that, because they r so unhappy that they think if they had it first they r the winners. but the only winner of this is you because they can have 10 more babies, and you can only have one. but remember ITS NOT "QUANTITY ITS QUALITY".
    jazz03

Answer by jazz03 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• that's annoying!!1 Try to put some distance between you two, the stress isn't good for you if you're trying to get pregnant!! And you should feel a bit sorry for her because if she is trying to copy you then poor her, she doesn't have a life of her own!!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• lol she sounds annoying. Don't let her get to you. You can do a lot more fun stuff than she can right now, enjoy it.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• guess it was my mistake to share such details with her. no she is not a close friend. lesson learned!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Maybe it's just a coincidence and she's just sharing her life with you and not rubbing it into your face? I do know someone that is like that though, even when it comes to getting pregnant, and-no joke-the size of the child. Happy that her child weighed an ounce more than mine. I wish I was joking. Just let her know you're happy for her and forget about it. It's not worth stressing yourself out over
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• if you think she is doing to get to you, maybe you should make better choices
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 3:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Sweetie, I totally feel ya! I had a friend that everytime something good happend in my life, she'd point out a negative about it and tell me something great happening in her life to "one-up" me... EVERY TIME. Example: Me: I'm going back to school to be a nurse Her: you'll hate it, i've been doing it for 5 years and I hate it. Me: oh, well, thank you for the encouragement Her: Well, I'm just being honest, Oh my gosh, did I tell you my husband just got a raise....

She is a drama queen and loves attention, but God forbid you ever have something better...she'll tell you it's crap and hers is better. I've known her for 20 years now and she's been the same all of that time, I just don't talk to her unless I'm feeling super good about myself and am in a great mood. lol!
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2011