Does your baby react to you?

I am currently 19 weeks and i feel my bby girl very good and she will move around and i will put my hand on top of where i feel her and talk to her and she reacts and then moves its so cute does your baby do this

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 2:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes - they learn very early! With both my 4th and 5th I "patted" my tummy where their butt was inside of me. When they were born, that was the thing that calmed them down best was for me to hold them and pat their little butts - it's what they were used to!

Answer by missanc at 2:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• isn't that sweet.. my son didn't move very much and we sang and read to him often.. the most he did was hiccup 8 times a day lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• When I was preg with my first child my mom would touch my belly and my daughter would stop moving. and when she was born she would cry when she would hold her. I thought it was funny but it broke my moms heart. She got better about her holding her but it was bad the first couple of weeks. With my second my oldest daughter would sit next to me and my baby would kick her and wiggle around now they are the best of friends. I know when I would put my hand on my belly both would kick me. They know from a early age who is mom and who is someone else. They know your voice, smell and feel by the time they are 2 weeks old.
    lilsxychcica121

Answer by lilsxychcica121 at 2:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It is also fun to play with them!! Take a flashlight and put it on your belly. Move it in different spots and you can feel the moving toward the light. My oldest would actually push on the light!!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 4:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yes! It's so cute! I love how responsive they are even early in pregnancy!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If I put my hand on my belly she will move to my hand is. If someone, even daddy replaces my hand she will move away. If I put my hand back where it was after she moves away she will move right back to it!
    sjbrindley

Answer by sjbrindley at 12:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• That's so cute! :-)
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2011