did you guys ever get tired of people

did you guys ever get tired of people constantly asking how you are i mean i know they just want to make sure your ok but im also tired of hearing that they think im ungreatful of what i got from my baby shower and them telling me to do this and make sure i do that and hearing about other people giving birth and being asked how do you plan to take care of this baby and basically making you feel like your worth less and make you feel like shit all the time im tired of hearing this

mckowntasha

Asked by mckowntasha at 4:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am right their with you!!!! thats all i can really say. and that half the time i just wanna hit who ever says that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yeah well its my grandma and my dad and his girl friend.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 5:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• OMG! Urgh! I feel ya!
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 8:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Be happy that they're THERE, even if they are a pain in your @ss. My grandmother and father are dead so be HAPPY you have these people in your life during this important time. I'll never be able to hear their wanted or unwanted advice. Be grateful for what you have around you because alot of people don't have that. I wish my father was here for me (especially now that I am ttc now and I was married last year.) Its been 6 years and feels like yesterday since he passed. Life is short, so take the advice with a grain of salt.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I completly understand what you mean... my mother in law is the worst...everyday its "do you feel ok?", "did you take your vitamins and iron?", and my personal favorite..."well your not going to be doing (fill in the blank with whatever the topic is) with my grandbaby".... I just want to scream!! I'm an adult that is perfectly capable of taking care of myself a husband and my baby I just wish people would back off....but honestly how do you nicely tell someone to back off when you know they mean well?? good luck with deaing with it...try not to kill anyone b4 your baby gets here lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i just get irritated when im pg, lol, i start to hate people, including his sister and mother, i despise them for there evil ways they treat my dh and it so shows when im pg lol
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 10:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Every other question I get is "how are you?" I usually just say "great, how are you" and the subject is dropped. I'm 23 wks. and healthy and active so I don't look sickly or fragile or anything, which helps. As far as the annoying advice, I only ever got shit from a (chidless) friend who thought it was her business to interrogate me about my plans for caring for my child and I have dumped her. Now that my baby is coming, I do not need any draining people around. If these annoying people are your friends, consider whether you need them around. Trust me, with so much to worry about you only need to be around supportive people. Dumping her was the best thing I've ever done!
    Anonymous

• I see that it's your family doing the annoying advice giving. if I were you, as hard as this is, I'd tell them now how much it bothers me, otherwise they're not going to stop.
    Anonymous

• BLoNdIe121679
    BLoNd...
    Be happy that they're THERE, even if they are a pain in your @ss. My grandmother and father are dead so be HAPPY you have these people in your life during this important time. I'll never be able to hear their wanted or unwanted advice. Be grateful for what you have around you because alot of people don't have that. I wish my father was here for me (especially now that I am ttc now and I was married last year.) Its been 6 years and feels like yesterday since he passed. Life is short, so take the advice with a grain of salt.

i know how it is to lose some one that you spent most of your time with and was always there before i found out that i was pregnant my little brother past away and it hurts me because not only am i only 17 but he isnt going to be there for this.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 11:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yeah i had a friend that was telling me that i didnt need to date while i was pregnant and he acts like he is so much better than every one and tries to make it sound like he has so much money when he doesnt.
    mckowntasha