If you had a new neighbor move in, would u go introduce yourself or just mind your own business?

When I was a young mom I always took cookies or something and welcomed the new neighbor's to the neighborhood. My other neighbor's did the same. I have moved three times since my kids grew up and not one neighbor even said hi at any of the places. Anyone have a clue why? Manners are manners. Does anyone remember the welcome wagon? lol boy am i showing my age.

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 3:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I only introduce myself if I run into people, but I'm shy!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I'd introduce myself. That's how I met my best neighbor friend!
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 3:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I like to know my neighbors.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I always bake a pound cake and take it to new neighbors. When we moved in to this house 3 years ago, one of our neighbors brought cookies and another brought some produce out of their garden - it was so nice!

Answer by missanc at 3:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• When we have new owners move in, I do. Unfortunately, we have a neighbor who owns 5 homes on our street, and he tends to bring in people that I would prefer not to have as neighbors (you know the type, loud, drama lama).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• We live in a small community and we always introduce ourselves.
    csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 3:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I probably would wait to see what they wanted out of a neighborly relationship
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 3:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I think its important to know your neighbors! We are quite friendly with all of ours! They are all a bit older than us and of the grandparent age for our kids... nice to know that someone can pop over in a sec if you need help or if they do! The house next door is currently for sale and you can bet i'll be one of the first over to say hello... plus i can always use another friend!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• We bought a house in town and had only 1 neighbor come over. I thought it was very rude that no one else did.
    mommyIam08

Answer by mommyIam08 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If I happen by while they are outside, I will introduce myself. Other than that, I'm too shy. I'm working on that :).
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011