How many of you went back to your old cycle after giving birth?

How many resumed there old cycle i.e. 28 day 30 day.... after giving birth? How long did it take to get a normal cycle again?

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 3:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, Mine increased from 29 to 31. It also took almost a year for it to get close to regular and for me to realize that it was 31 days.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• mine actually got much better. every 28 days, relatively light, no cramps or bloating (though i'm sure thats from the organic teas i drink to prevent cramps and bloating) my period is nothing at all after giving birth
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• im just wondering i have only had one period since having mine son 11 months (breastfeed reason it took so long) i had one period and should have started 4 days ago according to my old cycle. i just dont know if i should get excited yet or not think twice about it
    zimmtobe

Comment by zimmtobe (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Before and after my first baby, my cycles were the same (i.e., very irregular, anywhere from 24-79 days long). It's what I was used to and what I expected.

Since my second baby (21 months old now), I've had a period just about every month (despite breastfeeding), which is very abnormal for me.

It can take quite a while for your cycle to return to "normal", especially while breastfeeding. And it's entirely possible to have a new "normal". Take a test if you think pregnancy is a possibility, but try to trust the result, even if it's not what you're hoping for. If you want to get pregnant, try charting; read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and check out FertilityFriend.com for some good pointers. It will tell you when/if you're fertile, and works even when breastfeeding.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Mine went exactly back to 28 days at 18 months post pardum both times. I've had it late twice (a week each time). Anything can happen while nursing, some get really regular cycles and some are out of whack for months.

If you're wondering if you're pregnant, just take a test. Guessing won't do any good!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2011