Pregnant and naval piercings.

I have my belly button pierced. When should I take it out..or do I even have to take it out? Is there something I can buy to put in for now until the baby comes. (7 weeks along)

Mommy0355

Asked by Mommy0355 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it really depends on how you're built. i'm very skinny and petite. i tried to keep mine in but i didn't have any fat on my belly so when i got to around 36 weeks there was nothing to hold the ring in place and it started growing out of my skin. if you have a bit of a belly you should be able to keep it in
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i would take it out before the 2nd trimester... if it's your first pregnancy.... maybe sooner if you've had previous pregnancies... My bff left hers in and now her hole is all stretched out and gross looking... I took mine out early and my hole is still small and normal looking, but I never tried to put it back in... and now I'm on my second pregnancy so I may leave it out forever or will have to pierce it again... i dunno
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 3:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Take it out before your third trimester, even if you don't think you'll need to. I have an "innie," but had a great belly laugh with my husband at 7 months, and my innie popped out. Popped right back in, but still... Take it out to be safe, or I imagine it might hurt if you pop out!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 3:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Take it out before it pops out! LOL
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 4:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I left mine in until I was like 8 months pregnant. You can get a pregnancy belly ring, if you want to. Just don't leave your regular ring in once it starts to get really tight or uncomfortable.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011