Motivation.....

I am trying to diet. The eating less part I am doing good. It's the exercise part of it I'm having trouble with. Just dieting isn't getting me anywhere. Any suggestions for motivation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Motivation such as the clothes you'll wear or being around longer for kids is great. I think to truly stick with a workout routine, the routine itself has to motivate you. You have to like or love the workout....to look forward to it, feel energized from it and crave that feeling.

If you have cable look at the Exercise on Demand channel (or online at www.exercisetv.tv) where you can try dozens of workouts FREE anytime. And just try different ones until you find one that not only challenges you but makes you want to do it again and again.

Leslie Sansone and her Walk Away The Pounds has always kept me motivated, turning her videos into achieving miles walked in your home always felt good to me. I can say "I just walked 4 miles today" and it always makes me proud of the accomplishment.

I took the Biggest Losers power Walk DVD out of the library and it does the same, with more intensity, LOVE IT...& thats motivating
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It helps if you go to an exercise class with other people or a buddy, I go to a community center to do aerobics and its free, I also dont want to end up with sugar diabetes. Maybe take a visit to a local hospital and check out the people losing their feet because of poor diet
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2011