What is the correct name for those beds for kids that have a slide out bed under the main bed?

I have two daughters but low on cash. I would if i could buy two full size beds but i cant. I want those beds with the bed underneath. My oldest is 6 1/2 years old and long. she sleeps in a toddler bed and sometimes shes half on the bed and the waist down shes off the bed Lol. My youngest is 4 1/2 turning 5 this may. They are the typical kids who fight and dont like to be around eachother but love each other because there sisters. BUT WE cant afford two full size beds and new matresses each. I wont do bunk beds either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• think its called a trundle bed
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Trundle it is.

Answer by older at 3:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• yep...it's a trundle bed
    logansmama

Answer by logansmama at 3:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It is called a trundle bed. You shouldn't feel bad about using one either! They save a lot of space - I had one when I was a kid and we thought it was awesome! lol
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 3:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Trundle beds are usually as expensive or more so than traditional beds and still need 2 mattresses.

Try looking at antique and junk shops, craigslist, and the local paper for a set of inexpensive twin beds and you can get mattresses for twin bed extremely inexpensive through a local mass furniture store.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• my ex built one, he had no idea what a trundle bed was until i explained it to him. then he built the most beautiful bed i had ever seen! they save tons of space and it never just rolls in, and he put the under bed on casters to roll easily. if you're in mo im me and i can probably set something up for you bc he does his beds cheap.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• We're getting a trundle for our almost 5yo. The older 2 girls just got bunk beds so we're getting the trundle that matches for the youngest because their room is very small.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No thanks twinsplus2more. I rather buy brand new ones then used ones. I like saving money but i wont buy used furniture like i wouldnt buy a hand me down used car seat. Im going to end up spending the same in restoring a Antique bed then buying a new one thats already in good shape.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Angevil53- thanks for the offer but we live in Tacoma, wa! I would if i was closer :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It is called a trundle bed. Very popular to use with daybeds and captian beds.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 4:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2011