I nanny for a woman and her kid is so bad and i need your help ( long but help PLEASE )

Ive been nannying for her for like 5 months id say and she has a 3 year old boy id say 4 pretty soon i dont know his bd but he is just so bad. He is still in diapers is not potty trained and best of all he cant talk. He knows his ABCs but he wont talk to me or his parents he says words here and their but thats it. All he does it play video games on the comp and watch tv. He wont tell me if he needs anything he just points and well i figure it out. He also decides to throw fits and he will punch me and hit me kick me and throw things at me when he doesnt get his way. EX- i made him food the other day chicken nuggets and he wanted chocolate milk also so i got him for it and he sat at his kiddy table and watched tv. Well for a few months ive been working on him sitting down and eating his food and not getting up and play videogames (his parents asked me to do this because they are also) or playing with other toys and stuff. his parents want him to get ready for school. Well after i gave him his food he got up and i said sit down he kept getting up so i turned off the tv and he looked at me hit me and poured his chocolate milk all over his food and the floor and flipped over his kiddy table and ran off. I am so sick of how this kid acts twords me and his parents know he does this he will hit me and them infront of them and they do nothing give me advice on what to do.

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 3:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Has he been evaluated by a doctor for his behavioral issues? If not I would tell the parents they need to do that or find another nanny!

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It's hard bc he isn't your child. I would however tell the parents that if he hits you, there will be punishment. A time out or whatever. As for flipping the table, and pouring the milk, I would have grabbed him by the hand and made him help me pick it up. If he refused, he would have went to time out and would have gotten no more milk and no more food. I would also start putting his drink in a sippy cup. If he is going to act like a baby, treat him like one.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Honey, this kid needs a swift kick in the pants. You DO NOT have to suffer the abuses of this little brat. If the parents are unwilling to support you when you are in charge of things then quit.

If you really need this job though I'd set some VERY clear boundaries with him. He eats at his table with the TV off. If he makes messes he cleans them up. If he hits/kicks/punches/hurts you he sits in time out for 3 minutes. If he wants something he uses his words; no more pointing and guessing.

If at all possible tactfully suggest to the parents that it might be a good idea to get his hearing tested and voice concerns that he's not talking, and also that he's not potty trained yet. My daughter will be 4 in March and will not SHUT UP. She's a motormouth of epic proportions. I could go on for quite a while, but there's a limit so I'll stop there.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I want to figure out what to do, i am 19 weeks pregnant and going away for like 3 weeks for my baby showers in different states next month and when i come back i will be like 25 weeks and i want to quit and get another job but no one will ever hire someone who is pregnant and that far along.
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• wow! well first off its the parents that need to do something! if he doesnt respect them then he will never respect u! i would say try time out or something!! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I have also tryed time outs and he will scream cry kick get up throw things and its bad and the mom works from home and works in her office on the phone so i need to keep him calm so she can work oh btw shes 12 weeks preg also with another kid.
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• First the kid is spoiled!!! Second the kid needs limits and rules set down and they have to be enforced! When u r not there the parents have to keep up the enforcing the rules. If he is really not listening then he needs a time out. Does he sleep in a crib. The kid not talking is not good. The parents need to make him verbalize what he wants and then let him have it. Pointing is for 1 and 2 y/o kids not someone his age. He doesn't need to talk cause all he needs to do is talk and he gets whatever he wants. That has got to stop! It will be frustrating but,it will work!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• he sleeps with his parents still
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Do you think he may have some sort of disorder? Have they had him evaluated by a doctor?? I would suggest that...good luck!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Wow! She has a kid that is really out of control and now she is going to have another one!! damn!!!! They need Supernanny!!! They can write the show and she will come out .
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011