Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I hold it or let it go?

I have a dora toddler bed I am selling ($20) barely used since she co-sleeps. I had someone interested. They said they would pick it up sat then called back about 10mins later and said they can't come. They said they would come today (agreed to hold the bed, even though wanted gone sunday). daughter new bed arrived monday (twin). So today 30 mins before she was to pick up the bed she called and told my mother in law that she couldn't make it today. Didn't say anything about me calling her to set up another day, or never told my MIL another day. I don't want to call her (don't know her, advertised bed!). How long should I hold it?


Asked by r00j04j08 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

Level 16 (3,000 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • I'd put the ad back up, call the person and let them know that if they really want it, it needs to be gone by the end of tomorrow, aslo let them know that the ad is back up.

    Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • I would go ahead and re advertise it now.

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • NEVER take down an ad until it is actually gone! Or at least I don't, and if they request I do, I tell them up front that when money hits my hand I will... hahaha

    Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • before I re-advertise it?

    Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • i would re advertise it. i have a toddler bed. im going to just hold it in tell i have my summer garage sale and sell it then.. hopfully

    Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • Yeah, I learned the hard way never to hold stuff for craigslist people...most of the time, they don't come through. I would re-list it now, unless you're not in any hurry to sell it anyway. If you'd like to go ahead and sell it ASAP, then don't feel obligated to hold it for someone who may or may not contact you again or actually show up when they say they will. Good luck!

    Answer by vicesix at 3:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • not on craigs list it was a a friend of mine on facebook, then her friend who my friend works with, then her sister. so three people in one bed transaction plus me.. It is in great shape. but still in our kitchen and my hubby wants gone. He said give her to tomorrow to call. She first said friday, this week friday. I was ok with it and said I would hold it (that is when she would have the money) then she called back and said how about today (sat?) I can borrow the money, I was ok. then she called today and said not coming. So should I wait to friday or not?

    Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • You might want to consider posting it on (I think that's the site) it's a free furniture/clothing/stuff recycling site for kids' stuff. You need to post something up there before you can take full advantage of what's available.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 4:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • I would relist it now. If they really wanted it they would have picked it up or made arrangements with you.

    Answer by scout_mom at 4:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • I will do freecycle if can't sell! I paid to much to let go, since she didn't get much use of it.
    this is what it is..

    she maybe used it 20 times in a year. I am also giving the dora bedding with it.. great deal for $20. I know $20 is not alot but it will replace the $100 I paid at least

    Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011