A little help please?

I haven't told my boyfriend that I'm pregnant yet (7 weeks).. I'm scared too. He has a 3 year old son he never sees from a previous marriage and now his ex is having his son in April. Hes older then me (24) and i have no idea how to tell him. We've haven't talked about what we would do in case I got pregnant (I was on the pill when I got pregnant) and now that I am, I have no idea what to do. He's always saying he has enough kids for a few years.. 

(Haven't told my mom yet either)

*We do live together at my moms, just waiting for me to graduate in May. I do have a job (PCA for my cousin)

Mommy0355

Asked by Mommy0355 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• The best thing is to be honest with him and let him know. Stress is not good for you are the baby! Good luck!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 3:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You just have to tell him. What happens from there will show you how mature he is and what not.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• First off,Congratulations! You have a little life inside you that will depend on you and is a part of you! I had my eldest under the same circumstances and he's the best thing that ever happend to me, he saved my life. Do you have a job? live together? Do you have family to turn to/friends? Do you love him? Are you prepared to do this alone? Give us more background info on this situation.

My blind advice, just come out and tell him. Sit down, stay calm, tell him your fears and ask what he's prepared to do either Go through this with you or be without you. Then I would start preparing for my child to get here. A home, finances/welfare (you can get it while you're pregnant) whatever you need to make sure that this baby is born healthy and has everything that he/she needs. I have 2 children and I'm a single mom. Nothing is more important to me than them and their well being and your baby deserves the same. You'll be ok!
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If you are under 18, it is so important that you get some support . . . parents, although we are often scared of them, can surprise us with how they can help . . .
    You can also get support from yoiur OB/GYN.
    The best thing would be to get it out into the open, so that you don't have to deal with it all by yourself, whatever age you are.
    BCP's are really only 98 percent to 99 percent effective, and I know more than a few people who have gotten pregnant while taking them . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Tell him really soon!!! U know what he is like as a dad already. Don't be surprised if he does not stick around. He sounds like a sperm donor!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No offense, but hearing of his past record with babies, you might be better off in telling your mom first. Let her get the surprise, then you should tell him. You need someone in your corner who can help you out, if he does not stay around. And seeing his track letter, he might not stick around. But, I was a single parent, you can handle it. My parents, especially my mom, were the greatest help in my life. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You gotta tell oth of em they will find out sooner or later anyways can't hide a baby bump :/
    bellaambru90

Answer by bellaambru90 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Thanks everyone.
    Yeah I'm going to tell my mom tomorrow when she gets back from her business trip and tell him this weekend. I do love him. He Is there for his ex (goes to all the baby appts,) Kinda worried he might leave me and go back to her?
    Mommy0355

Comment by Mommy0355 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Is there for his ex (goes to all the baby appts,) Kinda worried he might leave me and go back to her?
    it is very possible
    he does NOT have a good history with his child and does seem more of a sperm donor

but congrates to you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2011