Pregnancy inducing at-home remidies

38 weeks pregnant and sooooo uncomfortable. anything i can do or take to help my little man start labor?? im so ready for this pregnancy to be over and meet him.
and i really dont want to be medically induced again like i did with my daughter

ive been trying to do more light exersizing and i took so castor oil (YUCKKK) earlier today (see if tht helps any later)

mama2r

Asked by mama2r at 3:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sex is suppose to help, but it didn't work for me
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• sex...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• thanks ill keep trying sex, but so far it just makes my tummy tense up for a few min's and then nothing
    mama2r

Comment by mama2r (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I don't want to be a Negative Nancy, but baby will come when he is ready. Nothing will make him come sooner. After 4 kids, I can testify to that. Also, you want to be careful about self-inducing. Forcing your body into labor can have some negative reactions, just like Pitocin. I know how you feel though, I was 9 days late with my last dd. It was miserable.  But you can do it.  Also, just tell your doctor that you don't want to be induced.  You want to go into labor naturally.  Believe it or not, they work for you.  Don't let him force you into medically inducing. 

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Home remedies will only work if your little one is ready to come out and your body agrees! The last couple of weeks suck, but suck it up and let your body work.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Sex and walking are the most effective things you can do. Castor oil is incredibly dangerous. Please don't repeat it if it doesn't work! Do you understand how it works? it causes intestinal cramping (read: diarrhea), *ideally* leading to uterine cramping. It also passes to the baby, which increases the risk of the baby having a bowel movement in utero, which is INCREDIBLY dangerous. With you getting diarrhea, you're at a high risk of dehydration, too, which can also mean low amniotic fluid levels.
    No induction, including medical induction, will work if your body isn't ready. Try to be patient, and enjoy the last days/weeks with just your daughter. I can totally understand your desire to avoid a medically induced labor (believe me, I'm not a fan, either!!), but you're only 38 weeks (I know, it doesn't feel like "only", but give your body some time). Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• walk walk walk!!!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You can try nipple stimulation, sex, walking, evening primrose oil, I'd google for more. But baby sometimes will just come whenever he/she wants!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 4:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Nipple stimulation & insert evening primrose oil at bedtime.
    lilmamii32888

Answer by lilmamii32888 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My midwife had me insert evening primrose oil capsules (poking the capsules with a clean needle to help them dissolve faster) to help soften my cervix. Sex was also recommended. Nothing works unless your body is ready but it helps to feel as if you are doing something.
    5mom0f

Answer by 5mom0f at 10:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2011