What time do you make your kids do homework?

We usually let her do it at 4. She gets home from school at 2:30.

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 4:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine get home around 3 and we let them have a snack and play til 4:30 or 5 then they do homework.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 6:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• as soon as they get off the bus... just go ahead and get it over with.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• when they get home from school. They have snack then too, so it just makes it easier to have them get it done right away so they can have the rest of the evening to themselves.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• After dinner when things have started to wind down. So, about 5-6ish.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• well my oldest (4) is still in pre-k and not able to start til next fall (so no homework yet), but she gets out of school right now at 3 and first thing we do when she gets home is have a snack. so i would probably set-up homework time at 4 like you. that way shes had a little while to unwind and have a snack, but still hopefully able to get it out of the way before dinner.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I have two still in school... 6th grade and she never has homework and then my second grader who we refer to homework as "War Games" he does homework for 20 minutes then he gets to do something he wants for 10 minutes then we go back to homework for 20 minutes... we spoke with his teacher and he has no more than an hour of homework a night... but it is every night! UUUuggghhh! So we start at 7:00 (we have dinner at 6:00 because I don't get home until 5:30) and by 8:30 he is ready for bath and then bed.
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 4:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• When mine was in school, homework time was 6:00 sharp--as was mine when I was in school. That way they get a little break after getting home from school, and then when it's done, they can spend the rest of their evening however they choose.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 4:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I give them 15 minutes to eat a snack. Then they do it and get it overwith.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• 4 pm is a great time, you give them a few hours to unwind and then before dinner it has to be finished, this is how I did it, it became a routine that worked well for me.

Answer by older at 4:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• As soon as they walk in the door. They get home at 4pm and immediately do their homework while I cook dinner.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2011