I have so much to do.....

I just shut down when I'm under stress. I can't handle it all. Does anyone have a plan of attack when they get saturated with tasks and feel like they can't ever be on track?
I'm a list maker, but I find myself not even wanting to make lists. So how do you deal with stress and multiple things to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I just focus on one item at a time- not the whole picture. I look at a messy room and look at one thing that is out of place and put it where it needs to go and then feel at least a little accomplishment from that. "There. I did SOMETHING" Then I try to do a few more things and if I stop after a while- its ok. Because I never told myself that it was all going to get done right then anyway.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• As much as The Fly Lady drives me nuts, she does have a point to focus on one area at a time. So if you need to clean, you focus on one room at a time until you're done. Or just tasks in one room of the house (like paying bills at the desk would be done when you're doing other things in that room) then you move on to the next room. If it helps you can pick one area and make a list for that area then finish it and move on to something else.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I think meandrphoto hit it on the head. You feel overwhelmed because you see the whole mess. Start at one corner and work your way around.

Like when I tell my 3 year old to clean her room and she says it's too much. Start by cleaning everything out from behind her door, put it all away. Then everything in front of/under her bookshelf. Then everything in front of her dresser. Then everything in front of her heater/window area. All right ,you get the picture.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• do one thing at a time
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• go for a nice long fast wal, have a glass of wine, and always make a list,
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 9:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2011