Ideal age differance between children?

Hey so my son is 15 months.. and i want another baby.. and if i were to get preg like. right now jj would be 24 months.. so 2 years when the baby is born.. is that to close together or should it be ok..? I just would like to know what the ideal age differance is.... because my brother and i are 6 years apart so we never really got along..my DH and his lil sister are 14 years apart and fight constantly.. and i figured that if my children were close in age they would grow up together and be each others best friend .. untill they accuall have friends lol

JUGGAmommyLETTE

Asked by JUGGAmommyLETTE at 4:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Only you can determine what the ideal age difference would be for your family.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• like having 4 years between mine...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There are 4 years between my 1st and 2nd only 19 months between my 2nd and 3rd and 4 years between my 3rd and 4th.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I have 12 months between my first two, and I thought it was an ideal difference, they ended up having a permanent playmate and are now as adults very close.

Answer by older at 4:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• 4-5 years for us.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• my kids are 3 years 5 months apart and that's perfect, for us. My best friend through high school and her sister are 18 months apart and STILL fight like cats and dogs. My husband has two brothers that are 11 months apart and THEY don't get along all that well as adults.

Remember this: at 2 years old a child will really start to assert their independence and become willful/defiant. Do you REALLY want to deal with that on top of a newborn? Do you REALLY want two kids in diapers at the same time? Some things to think about. In the end, YOU (and your other half) are the only ones that can decided what the perfect age difference is.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There is no ideal age difference, and whether or not children get along has nothing to do with the differences in their ages.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• "There is no ideal age difference, and whether or not children get along has nothing to do with the differences in their ages."

I second this from NannyB. And also, if kids get along at one time it doesn't mean that they will at another time.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There is no guarantee they will be close or not. Decide what is best for you as far as the age difference goes. I wanted the first out of diapers before having our second so there is 3 years difference. My SIL wanted her babies close so she wouldn'r get used to having any out of diapers and there is 18 months between hers. Everyone is different. Do what is best for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Mine are 2 years and 7months apart. I wanted them closer but it has worked out perfect for us. They are close enough that they are starting to play together and enjoy the same toys but they were far apart enough that I only had one in diapers at a time. My older son is very protective of his little brother.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 3:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2011