Normal period? TMI adult content

Okay, for me a normal period was 4-5 days and cramps leading up to it and at the beginning.  This month I am going on day 8 of heavy bleeding and cramps for the last two weeks straight.  I've already gone through a full bottle of Midol.  I'm 32 so I don't think I'm ready to start going through menopause yet, but who knows.  Any ideas?

Note: We've had horrible weather lately and I don't want to drive the 2 hours it would take to get to my regular gyn, so I'm asking here first.  Thanks, ladies!

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 4:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Health

• Any other symptoms not normal to your period?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No, just the horrible PMS type symptoms - cramps, backache, moodiness, etc.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I regularly bleed for 6 or 7 days (sometimes up to 10) so your 8 days doesn't seem that odd to me. Maybe call your gyno and mention it to see if s/he thinks it's odd. It could mean something like cyst which could be tested for your next regular visit.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I with CraftingMama, you should definitely see your gyn when you have a chance. Fibroid tumor?
    Anonymous