Should I invite my DD's Godparents to her Birthday Party????

We had a falling out with her Godparents around Halloween time, and we haven't spoken since. Her Godmother did drop off gifts for her for Christmas, but no interaction other than that. Her Birthday is coming up, and I don't know if I should invite them or not. My DD hasn't seen them in so long that I don't think she even remembers who they are? Should I just invite them and their choice if they come, even if it is awkward?

Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• i have the same problem... my ds godmother and i dont speak anymore... i always send a birthday invite every year even though i know she wont come ... try to be the bigger person..its hard i know
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If they are to fullfill the role as godparents they really need to be involved in your daughter's life so I would say yes, for her sake invite them and try to work it out.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Heal that hurt and mend that bridge. Invite them...
    trentonsmommie

Answer by trentonsmommie at 4:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would invite them and let them decide if they want to come or not. It shows you're the bigger person in the situation.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• if it was a big blow out over something major, I wouldn't. but if it was over something stupid that can be forgiven... go ahead and invite them. maybe tell them lets put the past behind us or something. its really up to u though
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i would, and like you said it would then be their choice whether or not to come. but atleast you extended your hand so to speak and were the bigger person. good luck
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would send the invite, and then it is up to them if they want to come or not. If they don't, then it is their loss.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Do you want them there or part of her life? If you answer yes, then invite them.
    momjs

Answer by momjs at 4:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Offer the ovile branch for the sake of DD. If they don;t come, then it is on them...
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 4:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2011