Do you believe the teens most likely to torment are the "almost" popular kids?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41463106/ns/today-parenting/

tasches

Asked by tasches at 4:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• No I dont. I think some of them are just mean bullies and it doesnt have anything to do with being popular. I think there always be one or two popular mean kids, but no the meanies arent always popular.

Answer by gemgem at 4:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yep i do!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It is not always to popular or "almost" popular kids.

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I really think it has more to do with home life and parenting than where they sit in the social chain. However maybe there is a link between home life and that social level. Just my opinion of course.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I think its home life, the way you raise your kids. I know my kids stick up for kids that are being bullied, and I am extremely grateful for that. You are the parent, its your job to teach your kids how to treat others, and whats going to happen if you ever bully someone. My kids know better thank GOD. my older son is very popular in school, and he doesnt bully anyone. And he wouldnt.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My daughter attends an urban high school, where there aren't really "popular kids"

Answer by rkoloms at 10:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• well heres the thing. i was an almost popular kid. i chose not to be though. i hated "preps" i made fun of them for being fakes and whores, and i also made fun of the geeks and other groups there are. but popualr kids choose to pick on anyone to feel better about themsleves and to make thier peers fear them and likeing them so they stay on top.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 6:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Sure do.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011