Painful pressure

im about 21 weeks preggers and i have the worst pressure in my lower belly.. normal?

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• As baby gets bigger you may begin to feel more and more pressure, specifically when standing and walking. This happens earlier in 2nd + pregnancies. When standing from a seated position stand up slowly and this will help with the discomfort. I also purchased a pregnancy belt to help lift the baby off my pelvic bone and to help my stomach muscles carry the weight. I am on my 3rd pregnancy and so far the belt has helped out a great deal. Also I had a lot of round ligament pain and I switched to a vitamin that contained potassium and I take 2 tums a day. And as long as I take them the muscle cramping is gone.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Can be. Does it kind of run really low, almost into the crease of your hips? That could be round ligament pain, which is very normal. It's one of the ligaments that attach your uterus to your body wall, and they get stretched big time during pregnancy. It can be really painful, and, unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done. You can try warm compresses (be careful with using heat for too long, or using a heating pad, as you don't want to overheat your abdomen) and Tylenol when the pain is bad. A warm (not hot!) bath may help, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• hmm im 13 weeks and i have the same lower pains is that normal? i hope your ok
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• yea thats where it is.. i call it the smiley part of my belly bc it curves into a smile shape ( i dunno where i get this stuff) i remember this pressure with my 2nd son but it started when i was 7 months and only bc he dropped into my pelvis ( yes its true lol) but i know its wayyyyyy too early for that
    zperez0809

Comment by zperez0809 (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I am pregnant for the third time and felt bad pains like that around 20 weeks this time that i didn't notice with my other pregnancies. You always worry because us woman can't help it :) but if it doesn't seem like alarming pain that persist for an hour or more than you are probably fine. It is better safe than sorry, of coarse, but i think you will know if it's more than growing pains. if you're worried call the doc
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011