I want another baby ! adult content

i want another baby before my biological clock runs out i am 23 1/2 and my boyfriend just turned 24 we already have the best daughter but we kinda want a little boy she is extra spoiled and dosent want a brother or sister i dont want her to feel left out or out of place with a new baby but i do want one and since she is 21/2 i dont no how to talk 2 her about a new baby she is our princess and i really want her to be happy what should i do ?

mykids44

Asked by mykids44 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• ok first ur 23 1/2 your biological clock is nowhere close to running out .. you have until 35 until you can start saying that.... just explain to her that a new baby is coming and make her feel special asking her to help out. that worked out when my 2nd son came along
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You're the adults. She might be mad but you can't weigh in your daughter's potential happiness into your decision to have another child.
    Anonymous

• plz i really need other parents advice !
    mykids44

Comment by mykids44 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• your 23 and yourworried about your biological clock running out??? LOL
    awww..you have plenty of time. before that happens!
    If you do decide to have another baby..it will be an adjustment period for your daughter(and u guys) but she'll get used to it,
    Good Luck!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If your 2.5 year old is already that spoiled. Go have another kid and force her to share before she becomes a brat!
    Anonymous

• Go for it! She's two and a half. She'll get over it. Don't let your child dictate what you do, especially this young. You start doing that and you'll never stop.
    LadyTierney

Answer by LadyTierney at 5:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• okay I am on my fourth child and I am actually able to say, my biological clock is running out. :) So, with that.... I just had my children get involved in findng baby things for the new one, they get to be a "big" sister and all that entails. Extra responsiblities and priviledges.. but honestly at her age (my first two are 2.5 yrs apart) I just had my daughter start reading to the baby (memorized of course stories) and she got to get big girl panties.. etc. It depends on your approach asking her or telling her and helping her resolve that...
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 5:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• oh have another! Baby won't get here till she is 3. By then they share mom better. And a 2nd child may help her be a more rounded little princess. I planned from the beginning that I wanted my kids about 3yrs apart and I thinks it's the perfect age difference. My children get along really well, best buds(I have 3). And then you don't really talk about the baby till latter in the pregnancy because 9mo is an eternity to a child. It makes more sense to them when they see your big belly.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Like others have said, you have plenty of time before your clock runs out. As for your dd, talk to her. Let her know how exciting it will be to have a new baby in the house, how she will get to help pick out clothes, and toys for her new baby brother/sister. Find some books about becoming a big sister and read them to her, explain that you and daddy will love her the same, no matter what. Also, try and have her around some other babies, you never know, she just might like them!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• At 24, your biological clock really isn't your biggest concern right now! As for your daughter 'not wanting' a sibling... you know what? It really isn't her decision... why are you asking her opinion about what is essentially a decision that you and your spouse should make? At 2.5, you have to take any answer she gives with a grain of salt anyhow... and the answer is likely to change day by day. If you and your boyfriend are ready for another baby, she'll adjust and do just fine with it. I have three kids- the first are 26 months apart, the second and third are 2.5 years apart to the day. We didn't even mention another baby until I was starting to show... the ones who were two were pretty uninterested once they figured out that the baby would take months to materialize. My oldest was insistent that he did not want another sibling when we told him about our third... but he got over it.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011