Would you feel guilty being pregnant and throwing up a nice dinner someone bought for you.

i did. my fiance's step father and mother took us to a very expensive restaurant. i was 2 month pg and no one knew except for my df and me. i wasn't nauseous at all. i felt great. we had dinner, went back to their place and i just ralfed out of no where. i felt so horrible that his parents wasted their money on me. that was like 25 bucks down the toilet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• its not y our fault.. you cant help it.. i threw up everything in my pregnancy with my dd from mcds to gourmet... its not like u did it on purpose
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Uhm, its not your fault dear.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No. I was terribly ill with all three of my pregnancies, and tossing cookies even before the blue line showed up. You simply can't help it, and it wasn't a waste.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Do they know you are pregnant now?
    Did you enjoy it going down.
    If you did, it wasn't a waste.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• the thing is i didn't. i threw up a couple times but never a lot. it would have been nice if my body had made me feel sick that night so i wouldn't have wasted their money. i never threw up meals like that and the one night it was expensive i had to puke it up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i'm not pregnant. this was christmas over a year ago. i was thinking about it now and how they haven't taken us to dinner since
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I highly doubt they are basing their decision on your inability to keep down a meal.. let it go... :)
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 5:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Something similar happened to me with my in-laws. I was going on and on about how good everything smelled while it was cooking, how much I loved grilling out in the summer, on and on.....we sat down to eat and I took one bite of that burger and had to leave the table! I could not eat a bite of it!! I felt terrible, his dad was pissed and my husband had to sneak out later and get a pizza. It was terrible but I honestly could not control myself! Don't feel bad about it. If you were feeling flat out rude, that is different. You should mention it now and laugh about it and tell them how terrible you felt about the whole thing. =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• LOL my DH took me to a nice place to eat one night and I didn't even make it to the bathroom, I felt TERRIBLE having to explain to one of the people that worked there that I wasn't sick, I was just pregnant, and yes, that is throw up in the hallway blocking both bathrooms..... I tried cleaning it up as best I could but it was just embarassing!!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No. I wouldn't have felt guilty. It wasn't exactly like you did it on purpose.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2011