Change?

Does anyone else think it odd that Obama is choosing people from the clinton administration for his? I realize that most liberals think Clinton was a god but that's not the point. His entire platform was built on CHANGE shouldn't he be getting new people in there? I know there is the inexperience argument, so he needs some people with experience but I haven't seen any new blood yet! What do ya'll think??

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 8:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• That's been my thought... all that talk about change and yet the only fresh face seems to be his...
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 8:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i assume this question refers to rahm emanuel.
    emanuel and obama have been friends for quite some time and have also worked together quite a bit. that is why he was picked for chief of staff, it has nothing to do with the clintons or the clinton administration.

also, i interepret his change message to mean a change from the ways of our current administration and a change in the direction we've been going in for the last 8 years.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• That is what I though also....
    When Clinton was in office he had the military so screwed up my hubby didn't get a check for 3 months..We almost lost our house, the tried to repo my car...It took contacting DC to get my hubby's check...
    I feel for what the military is about to go through.. Change isn't in the future if the Clinton Crew is in office!
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 9:35 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You need to educate Yourself some more and not start drama post.
    We need to wait who will be in his team . We don't know jet who will be the Sec. of State and so on. And he is not President jet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yeah, it’s looking like Clintonista-palooza 2008!!!! And ummmm it’s MORE than Rahm Emanuel.. lol.. How about Transition chief John Podesta. AND Check out all these other Clintonistas.. Ron Klain(wil be Biden’s Chief of Saff) and 31of the 47 people so far named to transition or staff posts have ties to the Clinton administration, including all but one of the members of his 12-person Transition Advisory Board and both of his White House staff choices… YIKES… CHANGE…. But, yet kinda looking the SAME. he he he, rigggggght..  Maybe it will take him till his 2nd term to make change to a team not resembling Clinton..I wonder if there is an opening for Monica somewhere? he he he

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i think he may be overwhelmed with all there is to do and is making easy choices he doesn't have to think long and hard about. he may have also had a deal with Clinton when she campaigned for him apart from him just paying her debt back.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 9:46 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• When Clinton was in office he had the military so screwed up my hubby didn't get a check for 3 months..

GIRL! I hear ya!! We are entering our 17th year in the military and Clinton's military was a difficult time. Clinton's RIF was a hard time.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Oh wait! There's Change, errr an UPDATE ~More Clintonista's were added over the weekend...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122684988010831461.html?mod=special_page_campaign2008_mostpop

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I am an Obama supporter and I am disappointed by the number of Clinton's staff he is rehiring. I was pissed off when Bush ran as partisan and then hired ALL of the same staff from GHWBush's cabinet (oh yeah, half of those old cronies belonged to Regan too) The only good select I thought Bush had was Powell and he quit because of that asshole Ashcroft.

So, the moral of this story is: they all choose that same damn people every time based on their party anyway. Hopefully his executive orders will do some good, but we have to wait until January.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Obama really needs our prayers more than ever it is not his fault.....I did not vote for him but I feel sorry for him and his family....watch he will be white headed by the time the four yrs is up. It is nothing but a White house party of bully's pushing their seniority around. It has nothing to do with Rep. or Dem. it's who has the biggest pull. My dh said last night that during the Clinton reign that there was NO war and only peace he put a stop to SKS sales or high powered artillery well the next step will be NO weapons at ALL which means taking by force. My dh has hope for peace he thinks Obama will be the one to bring it I am just grieved...... YES Obama being in office will def. bring change just not one I think every one was looking for. We need to make sure we are getting the facts and that we are prepared when Martial Law goes into effect.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2008