Yellowstone or Yosemite....

Has anyone been to one or both of these parks? Are they a "must see?" Please tell me about your experience(s).

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 5:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Travel

• They are both must sees- Yosemite is breath tacking- all year around. Lots of hiking, camping, mountain/rock climbing, some skiing in the winter. Yellowstone is more car friendly. Geysers, wild life, camping, lakes, hiking. Both are wonderful family vacations-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I've never been to Yosmite. I've been to Yellowstone almost every year until I became an adult. Yellowstone is neat but I think I've seen it too many times to think of it as a must see. If you go to Yellowstone, just don't go in August when it's hotter and plan to wear good walking shoes because there is a lot of walking involved.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I grew up in Cody WY, and spent a large portion of my child hood in Yellowstone. I think Yellowstone is must see. Its amazing!! from old faithful to the mineral pools, to mammoth hot springs, the mud pots, its all pretty cool. If you are thinking about visiting, I suggest starting in west yellowstone, MT, and then explore around there. I would recommend saying at this place. I used to work there and the cabins are amazing. All hand done. http://www.hibernationstation.com/tour_cabins.html.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Never been to Yellowstone, but yes Yosemite is a must see. The valley camp sites get very crowded though.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've been to Yellowstone and would love to go back again.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2011