Omg i just heard on the news adult content

A woman who was pregnant was given a prescription. she went to get it filled the pharmacy gave her the wrong one. they gave her a pill to make her abort her baby now she wait to see if she will lose her unborn child. This makes me sick to my stomach. that woman is terrified and worried she wants her baby. the baby can also have birth defects.

http://www.newser.com/story/111557/pregnant-woman-given-abortion-pill-not-antibiotic.html

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Health

• That's horrible but my question is why didn't she make sure she had the right one? I understand most of the time that people just take it and go home. But it wouldn't have taken her 5 minutes to check and make sure she had what her dr prescribed her.
    trelmix

Answer by trelmix at 5:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Horrible.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• that is terrible.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 5:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Woah. I mean just wow. That is super scary. Poor woman. I would be so angry!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• wow omg thats so sad it makes me wanna cry wow. God will take care of this if this is meant to be...Lets pray for her
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i get my prescriptions filled at wal mart and before they give it to you they have you go to this window where the pharmacist tells you what it is, what it's for, and how to take it. all pharmacies should do that. i hope whoever filled the prescription will have charges against him or her
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• she probably thought it was hers , the first name was similar and the last name was the same. i always chek my kids and mine though. but yeah i do feel for her to
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I go to Walgreens because my mom in law works at Walmart and she sticks her nose in where it does not belong. but Walgreens always goes over my meds to.
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I saw that and wow....I hope she doesn't lose her baby. I remember a doctor not checking a woman's urine HCG and performing a LEEP on her and she miscarried. We trust our healthcare providers to do what is best and check the details.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• She was mistakenly given methotrexate, a med given for RA, and other things. I think for cancer, too. It's a heavy duty drug. She was given charcoal I think they said, to absorb as much of the drug as possible. But, damage was probably done. And there is nothing she can do now. But wait. She looked young, so she probably didn't even think to look. I'm in my mid 30's, and I take a lot of meds. I KNOW to look. Not everyone does. You are supposed to be able to trust the damn pharmacy. Saying the names were similar doesn't cut it. DRUG names 'look alike' and 'sound alike'. They take precautions. I just pray for a miracle.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011