Do you think I could live on 1,040 a month by myself?

I really think I want to separate form DH and the kids for a while. I need to live my life for a while. I got married and had kids way to young and now it is getting to me. I don't know if I want a divorce so I need some time and space to figure it out. DH would have the kids and I would visit them during the week and babysit my DD on Fridays and get my DS off the bus at his house and take him to mine on Fridays as well. I would have them during the day on Saturdays also. Maybe meet for dinner once a week or so. What do you think? Could I do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• The question is can you manage financially on your own with just a little over a thousand dollars a month? If this is something you want to do than YES, you will find a way. There are women who lack that maternal instinct and if that is who they are okay. Generally they know that about themselves before becoming a mother. I say take the break, figure it out for yourself, be with your children as much as possible (you are not a babysitter-you are their mother), and then make a decision about the rest of your life and how it will impact the rest of your family. Counseling would be a must... Good Luck to all of you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You do not babysit your own children. Outsiders babysit you are a mother.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• He will be working and I will be watching her for him = babysitting. I am doing it as a favor not a maternal duty

What?? IT's your maternal duty to take care of your children, it's never called babysitting.  It's your duty as a mother.

genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I call troll you would pay 800 dollars in 2 months rent but not pay the same money to save your marriage?

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• honestly this is just me but i could never leave me kids like that no matter how young you had your kids my best friend just turned 13 when she had her first baby and 15 when she had hers and she now is 22 and single and she makes about that much and has never ever left her kids and she been thru hell stop being selfish those are your babys and you made them its not their fault.
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• this may sound harsh but maybe before you leave your children you should have some counseling!?>!?!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I feel bad for your kids.
    Anonymous

• You are already gone. Why ask our opinions? You have it planned. You are already mentally gone.
    Anonymous

• wow...... why is it people like you can even have kids??? I want them so bad, but cant have them
    KaliLeanne

Answer by KaliLeanne at 6:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Wow!!!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 6:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2011