Doc says No, FRER says BFP...who is right??

Wow!! Never thought ttc was such an emotional rollercoaster!!! I am so confused now. I took a FRER about 8pm Sunday night and got a very clear BFP (as seen in my profile pic). Called my doc and made an appointment to come in today. When waiting for the results of my pee test the nurse came out and asked "Did you get a positive home pregnancy test because this one came out negative"...WTF?!?! So i just came home at lunch to take another one and yet again a BFP. The line isnt as dark as the first one but definitely still there. They also did blood work and will test again on Thursday. I also noticed some light brown when i wiped this afternoon. UGH!

My worry is that its another chemical pregnancy. I had one last month that ended on 1/8, i was 5wks4days. Right now im only 4wks1day and only on cd30, but 17dpo. Any one have the same thing happen and find out they were indeed preggo??

lybra975

Asked by lybra975 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I haven't had that happen. Good luck!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I know this sounds funny, but sometimes the doc's preg sticks are less sensitive than your home test. They buy them in bulk, and they are accurrate, but usually not as strong as the "first repsonse tell 5 days sooner expensive" brand. The blood test should give them more info. Don't lose hopes yet.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Did you drink a ton of water or something before you went to the doctor so you would have to pee?? If you did there's a chance you diluted out the hormone. It can happen in early pregnancy. Of course, by the time you got home for lunch enough of it had built back up in your system. So you got yet another positive. Whether or not this is a chemical pregnancy IDK, but something is registering the tests. Wait for the blood results to come back. Good Luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No, just had my usual cup of coffee about 6:30 then a half cup of tea about 8. Doc appt was at 8:45. Eh...who knows...but what makes me wonder is the fact that the one on sunday was darker than the one today :(
    lybra975

Comment by lybra975 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Only a blood test will tell you for sure. Good Luck hun
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2011