What tactics do you use to break away from an x that u still have feelings for?

I hav an x, but we still communicate thru text. I dont text him for a week, then i say hello and we start talking again. A week or so goes by and i say the wrong thing or he says the wrong thing, then we get upset with eachother and stop talking again. Then the process starts all over. HOW do i break away completely or what tools to use to stop texting all together?? Please help

momofone2323

Asked by momofone2323 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• lose his number change your brake all ties with him its the best way
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Stop contacting him, its the only way. My SO and I broke up a little over a month ago, at first I was dead set on never speaking to him but then we ended up seeing each other at my friend's daughters birthday party a week later because she is a mutual friend and he brought his son to the party - we talked at the party and for a couple days after that I gave in and would start texting him...it made things worse. I finally decided to cut off all ties and things are easier - I know I still have feelings for him and I wish I could talk to him the way I use to but I can't because I know it'll just take longer to get over him and honestly I don't want to know whats going on in his life because I know it'll hurt me.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I try to not text. It only works for a week. He moved away in Aug. I still cant get over him. I can last a week w out texting him . but no longer . I need serious help. Can anyone tell me what to do
    momofone2323

Comment by momofone2323 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Block his number from your phone.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 6:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I hav an x, but we still communicate thru text.

***

Herein lies the problem!! STOP communicating with him....period!! Focus on someone new....starting with yourself!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011