Does anyone else not like exercising around people?

I don't, but haven't figured out how I can without either going to a gym or having my kids destroy the house. I don't even like my husband around.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You are not focusing on the exercise if this bothers you, focus and you will not care who is around......

Answer by older at 6:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I am the same way, I just want to concentrate on myself and not what others think.
    momofthreeIRC

Answer by momofthreeIRC at 6:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I workout at home during the day while my daughter takes her nap. I, too, would feel self conscious about going to a gym, but if DH or my son is home, it doesn't bother me. They love me for who I am and they are proud that i'm sticking to my workout routine.

I've actually considered opening a gym where not only is there the typical 1 large room with the equipment, but private rooms with 4 pieces, dvd's and a bathroom/changing room that can be rented for those who are too self conscious.

But reality is, others working out don't care, they are working on their own workout and not really paying attention to you. It's really just a head game that we have to get over.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I dont like to go to the gym because it like a pickup joint and to much gossipping
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• it just depends on what im doing and who is around lol
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 12:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i am the same way,,,i workout at home when my daughter is in school...when i have company i can't do it, i feel like if i was being rude and they're all starring,,,
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 6:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It bothers me, but i just tune it out and focus on the exercising. Once my son's girlfriend came to live with us when she had her baby, and i had to exercise in front of her daily. I had to exercise in front of my kids. and my husband. But i just try to tune it out.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i do not,,,,,, at all,,,,
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 9:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If you dont want to exercise at home. You can go for walks as a way to excercise.
    augest1

Answer by augest1 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I am the eXACT SAME way...lol...that's why I use DVDS and never go to a gym..lol..I feel like I look silly doing the cardio sometimes. But I also work out at home since I am already a stay at home mom. :) It's better then waiting in line for a machine at the gym, or catching germs, or spending gas, etc..
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2011