Why am i lossing all my hair whats up with this.it started 5 months ago when i had my DD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i lost hair too. It broke off around my face and it came out throughout as well. Mine lasted about a year and then i finally started growing it back. It never got to the point of huge bald spots but if you looked closely then you could see the breakage around my face.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• its. normal. while your pregnant, your hair is in a resting stage & as a result, you get AWESOME hair.
    but after you give birth, all that hair that normally would've fallen out, falls out now, all at once i guess. i don't why this happens. hormone readjustment?

anywho, i'm going through the exact same thing & i hate it. i have long hair, so it probably looks like more is falling out than what actually is. my carpet is layered with hair, i've clogged my bathroom sink and tub. and sometimes i find a hair trapped in my daughter's hand or between her fingers. which is something you definitely do not want. it's nearly impossible to get out. and it could get tighter and tighter and then you might end up having to take a quick trip to the doctors to get it removed so you kid doesn't lose a finger from loss of circulation. O_O
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 8:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Oh and my doc said it was normal.
    kinzleysmommy

• oh and from what i've read, there's not much you can do about it. -__-.
    i've tried taking vitamins to see if that would help; and i got a shorter haircut.. but alas.. all of that stuff above still happened. it's really annoying having to clean all that hair up.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 8:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i wish there were and "edit your comment" button.

what does seem to help me... (at least keep all the hair in until i brush and wash and brush again) was to just keep my hair in a ponytail/bun thing. it's also pretty convenient if your handling kids. **last comment i promise.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 8:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• it's normal for many women to lose hair after they give birth. most of the time, it goes back to normal.

if you do have "female pattern baldness" in your family. i'd see a dermatologist. if you do have this condition, it's best to start treatment sooner rather than later. if it's a problem, there are treatments available and they get better all the time.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 9:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Happened to me too, I had a huge baldspot right in the front of my hairline (try covering that up..ugh!) but I saw an allergist and he told me to come off of my BC pill and voila my hair has grown back. Go figure, I was on the pill for 7 years before having my DD and now my body just can't tolerate the hormones.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• sometimes it happens when u start birth control after having a baby it happened when i had my son it was my first time on birth control
    sweetlady0409

Answer by sweetlady0409 at 9:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I would get your thyroid levels checked just to be sure.
    Bolman

Answer by Bolman at 6:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2008