If you was dating someone and they had unruley kids could you love your mate but not like the kids?

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• no worries
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 7:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You cant- they're a package deal!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It wouldn't be fair to the kids. Regardless that you have such strong feelings toward the guy, the kids will always come first and it may cause resentment.

Like mrsmom110 states, it's a package deal.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You can, but if it goes to a more permanent relationship you need to bond with the kids too. You don't mention their ages but the younger they are the longer you will interact with them and the longer you all need a healthy relationship. Don't be naive and think it will not affect the main relationship with your mate.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No, because somebody will end up resenting somebody else eventually.
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 7:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Have you talk to him about his kids behavior. If so and nothing changed I wouldn't stay in this relationship.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Kids behavior reflects their parents' teaching and habits. Unruly, to me, indicates the adults aren't acting like parents and disciplining or setting limits. To say you don't like his kids is to say you don't like parts of him, which means you can't truly love him.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I don't think so. I couldn't be with someone if they didn't love my DS. mrs.mom110 is right. Package deal.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• get real . tell the truth , dont pour sugar on it. the truth shall set you free.
    prettymango

Answer by prettymango at 9:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You can still love him and not the kid ...I am there right now but I will tell you RESENTMENT is there ....But thats something I have to learn to get over cause its not the kids fault ...good luck
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 10:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011