Tubes for a 10 month old?

Ok well my daughter has had 5 ear infections since she was 3 months old and i really think she needs tubes her dr has been talking about it and if he thinks she needd them im fine with it.....Has anyone else has to go through the ear infections and then get tubes in ur childrens ears? Were u pleased with it and seen a diffrence once ur child had had in the tubes for awhile?

Ashley2810

Asked by Ashley2810 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had 3 ear infections starting at 6 mos. He had tubes at 10 months. I highly recommend it. It sounds like your little one would benefit from them. I didn't wait. I was worried 10 mos was a little young, but he did great. Since he had tubes he did not have ONE infection until they fell out about 18 months later. He's on his second set of tubes and still hasn't had an infection since he had his second set. I never knew my son had them. He never had a fever or anything. I would always take him for his well being check up and he'd always have a double ear infection. One main reason we went ahead with tubes is I was afraid it would hurt his language....tubes helped A LOT....good luck!
    BWIND

Answer by BWIND at 10:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• my DS got them at 22 months, it was the best thing we did for him! He got pretty much constant ear infections starting at 15 mos, and he has only had one since (he is 5 now)
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Every time my son cut a new tooth he got an ear infection. When his teeth were coming in he was getting ear infections one right after the other. We did tubes with him and the ear infections stopped. The first set fell out when he was about 19 months and then we ended up doing a second round of ear tubes. He is now healthy and no more ear infections.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yes, the tubes are wonderful! My DD had such a battle with the painful ear infections. It can also cause learning problems if not handled earlier than later.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011