Formula question!!

if you dont know please bump!

whats the next best thing to the emafilmil nutramigen?
they were out of the nutramagen formula when i went and i got the similac sensative. lactose for sensative tummies but has no soy in it.
is this basically the same thing?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 7:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's *not* the same. The similac sensitive still has dairy proteins, they're just broken down a little bit. Nutramigen is a "pre-digested" formula. The proteins are all completely broken down. The only other formula like it is Alimentum. I would not use the sensitive, it is likely to cause a reaction in a baby who needs pre-digested formula. Take it back and go somewhere else to get what your baby usually takes.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I used similac over enfamil. My dds tummy could handle it way better.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• honestly changing formulas can cause a baby to have tummy problems and constipation....if the ingredients are 100% the same, it should be okay. I would have just gone to a different store for the usual formula.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Your ped would also know . . . you could give a quick call and ask . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• changing a baby's formula can make them have upset tummy even more. Try to find your brand at another store.
    momma2grlz

Answer by momma2grlz at 7:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i cant just take it back- my othe 2 kids are already in bed, im exspecting a phone call from my soldier and theres a foot of snow on the ground.
    i bought the cans the ohter day when i was stocking up before the storm but they didnt ahve nutramigen and i was in a hurry. so i got this. i am just now getting around to useing it. she does seem unusally fussy but tolerable.
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It is not the same thing, but since that's all you have,I guess that is what you have to use. It will not hurt her. I would try to find your norm though as soon as you get a chance. I know what it is like to wait for your soldier to call by the way. My hubby has deployed 3 times. My thoughts go out to you :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• alimentum is the similac version of nutramigen
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• bumpI am not sure so here is a bump.

carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• They ARE different, as has been noted. For SOME babies the difference is CRUCIAL. Yours appears not to care... but keep an eye on the stools too. If you see serious changes or blood, you know you HAVE to stik with the nutramigen.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011