4 year old son grinds his teeth in his sleep...

My son started grinding his teeth in his sleep about 1 and a half years ago. His doctor says he might be having issues with my pregnancy and birth of his sister. I talked with him about her and even took him for my ultrascans so he could see her. It's loud and intense and I worry that he'll wear away his teeth. He has no recollection of it when he wakes. We don't have mouthguards here. My eight month old has started too even though she has only 5 teeth.

Please will this stop? Will my son go back to normal?I'm worried sick bout him and now his sister too.

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I did the samething as a kid. My teeth became sensitive from it. You really need to talk to his dentist about a mouth guard. You can buy it, order it. or see if its covered under insurance
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My oldest and youngest grind their teeth. When they were young like yours I talked with the dentisty about it and she told me not to worry. Sometimes kids do this and some out grow it some don't. When my oldest got all his adult teeth we got him a mouth guard. When they are young it is to hard for them to have a mouth guard and they don't really make them small enough.

My youngest still doesn't have a mouth guard and she is 9. I would not worry to much about it, although you can talk to the dentist about it the next time you go.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011