Toyota was right after all. Thoughts?

Did the Government go to far in accusing Toyota ?

http://www.fairwarning.org/2011/02/toyota-study-finds-no-electronic-flaw-behind-acceleration-hazard/

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• IMO, MOST of those people who said their cars accelerated bc of Toyota wanted $$$$ especially the ones who got into accidents after they said they need to be recalled.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• We have to take this with a grain of salt. They could say no "electronic flaws", but that doesn't excluded motor flaws or parts sticking. I am sure they have remedied the problem, but when we are talking legality, we are often twisted and routed off course by legal terminology and strategy.
    There is economic incentive to not let Toyota get hit too hard . . . car manufacturing is big business.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• The government pushed it because they wanted to discredit them because they are not union. The unprecedented investigation began shortly after the gov took over GM and profited the union millions.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Do we really want to trust a company trying to save their hides & regain some losses due to the fallout from this mess? I dont buy it & I wont buy a Toyota either!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

***

^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(but a segment of our society won't ever admit to the Obama Administration being up to no good!)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I totally agree with mrsmom110, the government can lie too if the price is right.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• The unions do not like Toyota or Honda because they pay comparable wages without unions. So therefore Obama doesn't like them either. Simple as that.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I'm a proud Toyota owner and have been for the past 18 years. I fully believe they would do anything necessary to restore their reputation even if it means admitting "fault" . I've never had any problem with my cars and will continue to but Toyotas.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 9:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• IDK, what about the people that died?? Remember there was an entire family and a 911 call of their deaths? I don't really trust the car co. or the govt....both have too many reasons to lie.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It may not have been an electronic problem, but there could have been problems with the gas pedals sticking. I thought that was the way I heard it on the news earlier anyway. I don't really know or care that much to be honest. I'll never buy a Toyota anyway.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2011