4 year old son grinds his teeth in his sleep...

My son started grinding his teeth in his sleep about 1 and a half years ago. His doctor says he might be having issues with my pregnancy and birth of his sister. I talked with him about her and even took him for my ultrascans so he could see her. It's loud and intense and I worry that he'll wear away his teeth. He has no recollection of it when he wakes. We don't have mouthguards here. My eight month old has started too even though she has only 5 teeth.

Please will this stop? Will my son go back to normal?I'm worried sick bout him and now his sister too.

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• You need to let the dentist know what is going on. He might have suggestions for you.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've heard that dairy too close to bed can cause it too. Talk to your dentist about the bite guard. My son & I both have one, & if I skip wearing it, my jaw is very sore. It's not good for their teeth either. He may be too young at this point, but I would bring it up at your next dental appt. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I did it for years as a child. I'd also check his diet or if he is taking any medications.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Sounds like your dentist needs to give a good check up and maybe some mouth guards..
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011