Have you been called in a 2nd time for glueclose diabetes for pregnancy? My results were like 135 she said it wasn't good.

I am nervous because I hope I don't have digestational dieabetes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Like to do the 3 hour test after the 1 hour one? If so yes, I had that happen my 2nd pregnancy. I passed the 3 hour test though.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I also passed the second test. It seems like a long time but do your best to go to LabCorp. They have a special room for those tests that are small and private. Ours has 2 lazeboys, a tv and books! lol If you do not pass then do not worry. First they will change your diet and youll need to check your sugar often. If its worse then you will need insulin(sp). But dont worry! everything will work out!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I haven't had to be called in a second time, but your results are a bit high. I am familiar with gestational diabetes, but you may come out fine with your second test. Good luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I had to do the three hour test with 2 of my kids and didn't have GD with either one.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've had gestational diabetes both pregnancies. It's really not bad. You just really watch what you eat and check your blood sugars. My sister had to go to the three hour with her second pregnancy, but she didn't have GD. Good luck!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I had to do the test again, too. I was scared, especially after I did exactly what my doc told me not to do and googled it. The information was so scary! If you haven't looked yet, don't. I'm sure you will be fine and you don't need that kind of thing in your mind keeping you awake at night. I was totally fine at the 3 hour test and I'm sure you will be too :)
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2011