It's official- Obama to introduce State Bailouts

Thought the bailout mentality was gone? What would you do?

http://patriotupdate.com/2843/obama-plans-jobless-aid-help-for-states

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It's ridiculous. Throw more money at the problem, don't regulate/monitor where the money actually goes, and sit back and blame everyone/everything but the original policy when it has no effect. Same crap, different day.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41471897/ns/politics-more_politics/

"The plan would also impose a moratorium on state unemployment insurance tax increases through 2012. Gibbs said states shouldn't be increasing taxes as the recovery remains fragile. He rejected suggestions that the plan amounted to a bailout of states."
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• The man and his minions are either totally stupid or they really do want to collapse the economy. I go with the latter.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• ...and when THAT short-term solution runs out, THEN what?!

And here I thought the STIMULUS, Home-owner bailout, cash for clunkers, and the union bail out bills were going to fix everything?! Do you mean to tell me that all of these bail outs merely delayed the inevitable by propping things up for a while, and now we're being told that they did nothing, yet Obama thinks the solution is to ONCE AGAIN throw MORE MONEY (that we don't have) at the problem?! (sarcasm)

This is why everyone should have run the equivalent of a Lemonade Stand as a child!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Bailout = more taxes. Nuff said.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Silver- I don't know which is worse, the msnbc article or the fact that anyone would expect Gibbs to say anything but what he said LOL
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Lorikeet - I wish I could vote you up more than once. Very well said. (I was too annoyed with the whole thing to put a cohesive paragraph together!)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• What part of NO MONEY dont these people GET! And isnt it funny that it was a referendum on the repubs when there were massive turnover but when the Dems lose it's what??? a vote of confidence? Idiots.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• What would I do?

I would let each and every state declare bankruptcy ( if legal) and renegotiate each and every legacy cost to about 50-60% of what they are now. The average worker in the US took huge paycuts, those who are retired need to take them too.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• yet Obama thinks the solution is to ONCE AGAIN throw MORE MONEY Too bad he's carrying around RRs defunct playbook and trying to emulate RRs "spending your way out of a recession" tactic.  RR started the entire debacle by growing an unfunded government and simultaneously decreasing taxes on the megas. It was all supposed to be temporary. Unfortunately, the opening of trade and the bleeding of jobs has finally come home to bite us in the ass- because jobs are so limited, the last 2 POTUS did not//do not have the gonads to let those tax cuts expire on the middle and lower classes and particularly the megas- who control the strings and just laugh-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011