Anyone ever have Jury Duty?

I have been called for Jury Duty twice in two years. The first time I was excused from service because I had a year old baby and didn't drive, etc. This year I have a two year old baby, I don't drive and I have a job. Didn't get excused this year and have been called to the court room once so far, but a jury wasn't needed that time. Now I have to go to court on Valentines Day! :( Anyone else ever have to serve jury duty? How was it? How many times did you actually serve on a jury?

theosgirl45

Asked by theosgirl45 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• I was called once and served for one day. It was interesting.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Not sure, but most of the time i believe they can only call you once a year.
    I know I have been called twice and because I have 2 disabled children and no one to care for them. I get excused with a doctors note.
    timmsa

Answer by timmsa at 7:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I was called for Jury Duty once. I spent one day for selection and one day for the trial. It was pretty interesting and would love to get called back again, but haven't yet.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I get called every couple of years. It is not a big deal, and the courthouses are accessible by public transit

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I live in Louisa, Ky population 2,000 public transportation is only available to a select few who live within "city limits" which around here isn't much. I, of course, don't live in city limits and can't use public transportation unless I get a ride into city limits. I am going when I am called its just very inconvenient.
    theosgirl45

Comment by theosgirl45 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Ugh. Hated it. I was called immediately as it started and had to endure alot of time with others listening to such a bs car accident story. Thank goodness they had enough people as it was almost my turn to go up on the stand. The judge was asking a lot of personal questions if you were living with someone and not married. It was so ridiculous. I had to sign a paper so that they would not call me again for the next couple of years. What a relief....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I've gotten a jury summons a couple of times, but thankfully never had to go. Good luck.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011