Irregular periods could i not get pregnant? adult content

hey i have very bad irregular periods! while trying to get pregnant will it be harder for me to be so? if so how would i know when to take a test to make sure because im not normal at all. it sucks! dont have any idea of when im fertile or ovulating even knowing when my cycle begins! can i please get answers i need to know what to do to be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Buy the book Taking Control of Your Fertility. I have very irregular periods and had no problems getting pregnant. I just needed to educate myself about my body first.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Mine are irregular, they range from 2 weeks to 12 week cycles. I've had 6 pregnancies so far so they seem to have not had any impact at all on my fertility. As for ovulation I just tried all the time, well we never really planned, we just let what was going to happen happen. Take your test based on your longest cycle, that's what I did.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It doesn't make it impossible. However my bff had to get an ultrasound done after her cycle went MIA for three months and every pregnancy test came back negative. Even if you are irregular you should notice persistent symptoms like nausea and breast tenderness. Maybe even feel like you want to sleep all the time. I'd invest in dollar store tests and use them when you get symptomatic and if your cycle skips more than one month.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You don't say how irregular you are but I would suggest charting. It will give you an idea on how your cycles work and can help you identify potential problems not ovulating or luteal phase defect for example. A BBT is pretty cheap to get and there are sites like fertility friend or ovusoft that will help with the charting part.

If you do have problems getting pregnant your charts could actually help your doctor pinpoint the issue.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I went thru this as well, I have PCOS and it was very frustrating b/c I could go 3 months w/o having a period. My Dr put me on Metformin and it regulated my hormones and I was pregnant w/in a month in a half. If you're overweight, it's always good to try to lose it as well. I went to dietician as well. GL to you
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Taking Charge Of Your Fertility!

Irregular periods do NOT matter at all when your charting! I have NO TROUBLE concieving at all even though I have VERY irregular cycles because I chart.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• wow thanx for those answers! i can qo for months being on my period like 4months str8 and off for months. sumtimes a couple of days then im off again. idk its something not right with my body i think. me and my bf have been trying for 10 months now im not desperate to be so because im only 18. I jus want my periods to be on track so that i know if i missed it or anything to test myself! i really do appreciate the answers
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There could be a problem like PCOS that you might want to speak to an doctor about. But just having irregular periods does not mean you cannot get pregnant. It might be a bit more difficult.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I was just like you, I could go months without getting my period and here I am today :) 7 weeks pregnant (came as a surprise though)
    Mommy0355

Answer by Mommy0355 at 3:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• omg wel i neeta take a test now just in case! i believe that it is very difficult for me. i should speak to a doctor i wonder if they'll help make my periods be on track somehow!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2011