I need help with the significant other!

How do you know if your significant other is hiding something from you, or holding back on telling you something. I know there is something he wants to tell me but everytime I ask him what's wrong or if there is something he wants or needs he just shrugs his shoulders. And what signs should I watch for if he's actually trying to see someone else?

thutch21

Asked by thutch21 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Are there periods of time when you can't reach him? Is there money unaccounted for? Does he hide his cell phone or erase his history?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Hiding something from you includes being vague when asked direct questions, avoiding you when you try to approach him for conversation, and sometimes changing his story once or more. Either during one conversation or over time. Those are also signs that he's hiding someone and not just something. Also it could be money unaccounted for (if you share finances), He ignores your phone calls/texts, you notice that he's either avoiding romance and/or intimacy.

Other guys go straight on overboard when they're cheating. They are overly romantic, overly verbal, and tend to pour it on that they love/like you. That's to hide the guilt.

If he won't tell you it's going to be hard to figure it out, but if you trust him then just let it go for now. Either he'll come clean or you'll find out one way or another.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• trust your instincts, and keep eyes and ears open, listen to your head and not your heart, head will not except things that just do not fit, your heart will make excuses for things and make them fit when they do not

hopefully it is him worried about his work, money , health or something else
    having a partner cheat is just the worst

good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• chec his phone .. pockets bank statements l.. listen in when hes on the phone. Make him think youre out and listen in,,, plant recorders in the house.. like micro voice recorders. in his car under his seat the auto shut off collect it6 later. Hes cheating ...damn right he is . TO ALL THE MEN WHO SAY WHY BUY THE COW WHEN YOU CAN GET THE MILK FOR FREE I SAY WHY BUY THE PIG WHEN ALL YOU GETS A LITLE SAUSAGE?
    prettymango

Answer by prettymango at 9:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Thank you ladies I truly appreciate all the insight, I'm gonna keep my eyes and ears open for sure! Thanks again to all of you!!!!
    thutch21

Comment by thutch21 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• one time mine was texting someother girl and i knew he was doing it because he started to do things differently with me. he became mean to me and all we would do is fight over nothing. he would fight with me even if i asked a question.
    lil_momma1991

Answer by lil_momma1991 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2011