Internet dating sites, are there any ones that are better than another

I am not looking to hook up with any man
Just a safe way to start conversations with the opposite sex
Dipping my toes, trying out "dating" without really dating
Possiblely meet in public place after a few months of emails, if someone really sparks an interest, but not needing to meet anyone

so do not need safety lessons

Do any of them have less creeps than the others - LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• singleparentsmeet.com
    miraclemom914

Answer by miraclemom914 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• As a rule, if people are paying to participate in the site, chances are the quality is better. I'd stay away from the free ones.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've heard great things about Match.com and eHarmony, I have friends that have used both and were happy with their experience. I'd stay away from the free sites, most people I know that have tried them ended up with a bunch of losers looking for a hook-up.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I will vouch for MATCH.com....it's where I met my now hubby of 10 years back in 1999!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• e harmony is just a slut referral service for people who are bored and wanting to cheat. they are just like call girls only you only pay the pimp instead of the whore
    prettymango

Answer by prettymango at 9:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I ended up meeting my hubby at church but I also met several men through eharmony and that worked well for me. I met one creep but other than him I really enjoyed the process and the men themselves, even if none of them were my mr. right. They were all really great guys who have hopefully found someone!

I also was on match.com and literally shut my account down after 4 days because of all the lewd disgusting contact I received.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2011